Stay the perfect temperature with these cool devices!
Temperature devices are great for someone with difficulty regulating their body temperature. But why would we want them to be smart controlled? Because they can be controlled by a smart device or voice to turn on/off or adjust temperature! Multiple control options are ideal features for someone with mobility issues, chronic pain or fatigue, vision impairment, and many other limitations.
When purchasing any temperature control device look for the following features to improve accessibility and safety:
- Ability to control through wifi connected app. This allows a user to navigate through a smart device with their preferred access. It also allows for a caregiver to remotely control the device as needed.
- Ability to control with your favorite smart home speaker which allows the user to control the device hands free by voice!
- Safety features like timers, shut off, or app alerts.
Sunbeam® LoftTec™ Wi-Fi Connected Heated Blanket.
- Control the Heated Blanket from anywhere using the Sunbeam app, voice assistants, or wired digital controller. Great for when a caregiver needs to adjust the settings remotely!
- Pair with the Wi-Fi-enabled Sunbeam app to power on, select heat settings, and preheat your bedding from anywhere.
- Use with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant voice-enabled devices for easy use, even in the dark. Hands free control is great for accessibility!
Find out more and where to buy at Sunbeam.
Vornado OSCR37 AE 37″ Oscillating Tower Circulator with Alexa
- Alexa-enabled circulator which allows hands free control
- Oscillation on-demand prevents direct air flow to someone who may be sensitive.
- 4 speed touch controls to suit many needs.
- Quiet operation so those with sound sensitivity can still enjoy the device.
Find out more and where to buy at Vornado.
Atomi Smart Space Tower Heater
- ETL Certified and with various built-in safety features, such as a tip-over safety switch, overheat protection, and cool-touch housing.
- With built-in WiFi connectivity, you can control this space heater through an app, which also displays the unit’s status and room temperature so you can increase or decrease the heat as needed. Perfect controls for a caregiver that needs to check in remotely.
- Use simple voice commands to turn your Smart Tower Heater on or off using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Find out more and where to buy at Atomi.
Ecobee 3 Lite Smart Thermostat
- Control straight from the app or your smart home assistant. Hands free control!
- Can be controlled remotely by a caregiver.
- Can be programmed with a schedule to suit individual needs.
- Smart room sensors available to make sure the temperature in your room is just right!
Find out more and where to buy at Ecobee.
Follow us on social media to keep up with the latest on the Gifting Guide!
This list is provided for informational purposes only as APTAT does not endorse specific products or brands. When purchasing be sure to thoroughly research the product features to ensure it will meet your individual needs.