Learn how AVAIL by CentralReach is helping to empower individuals with disabilities by providing a comprehensive prompting and modeling tool that can be used to promote skill building and independence at home, school, or work. Through an online management system support staff can build modules with text, audio, pictures, or video to assist the user through tasks. The user can access the modules through a simple interface on their own device at their own pace. Just step back and watch their confidence grow!
Previously, we introduced VoiceOver gestures while working with an iPhone or iPad. While that option is always available, did you know there is a more efficient method of using an external keyboard to navigate, edit, and type large amounts of information if you already know how to work with a QWERTY keyboard? Join Rachel Reeves, Marisa Church, and Zhi Huang from Access Ingenuity to explore VoiceOver keyboard basics to increase your efficiency while using VoiceOver with your iPhone and iPad.
- External keyboard considerations, including USB and Bluetooth.
- How to connect a USB keyboard or pair a Bluetooth keyboard.
- Basic keyboard commands and how to perform them most efficiently.
- Turning on and off Quick Nav and editing basics.
The team at OrCam will present on both assistive technology devices that offer increased daily activities for people with low vision or who are blind. Orcam is a revolutionary, easy to use, hands-free wearable assistive technology which converts visual information into audio in real time.
Find out more about Orcam: www.orcam.com or Media Articles about OrCam
You will learn:
- To describe one difference between the MagniLink PRO and the MagniLink S, describe one difference between the PRO and the Zip, and describe how the differences make the PRO a unique professional solution.
- To describe how the MagniLink PRO camera differs from the MagniLink S camera.
- To list specific tasks that are performed more effectively using the MagniLink PRO.
Webinar that will make you a more effective user.
You will learn:
- To summarize what an all-in-one unit is and why it is so effective for productivity.
- To discuss how a Windows based device can integrate into a Chromebook environment.
- To appraise which type of device is the best fit for an end-user with low vision.
Anxiety can affect a student’s ability to focus and participate in the classroom. This session will showcase assistive technology tools and resources that can help students manage anxiety, reduce stress and improve focus.
If Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) is new to you and you’re wondering where to start, this is it! Whether you’re a teacher, SLP, parent, etc. we invite you to join us in an overview of high tech and low tech AAC systems, learn basic implementation strategies, and explore possible goals and next steps to support students with complex communication needs.
Part two of this three-part series on executive functions for schedules will provide strategies and tools for remembering a schedule, calendar, task list, and managing time. Tools presented will range in compatibility with platforms such as iPad, Android, Chrome and web-based. Tools and strategies will be appropriate for middle school age through adult, users who are able to understand and use written language and use tools with moderate to advanced complexity.
Are you wondering about what’s new in the world of assistive technology (AT)? Are you curious about equipment and technology-related accommodation trends? Do you simply have a love of gadgets? Attend this training for an introduction to new and improved products and a discussion of how to apply them as workplace accommodations. JAN Consultants will discuss new accommodation approaches to a variety of accommodation challenges.