These modules provide information about picture symbols including how to create them and implement them effectively.
- Creating Picture Symbols in PowerPoint
- Directions for Creating Picture Symbols Using Microsoft PowerPoint
- *Don’t forget you could always use labels, boxes, wrappers (Environmental Print), and pictures from magazines to create picture symbols. *
Picture Exchange Communication System
PECS is a specific method of using picture symbols to communicate. Information about training and the method can be found on their website.
Picture Symbol Software (Prices Vary)
- Boardmaker (Mayer-Johnson)
- Pogo Boards
- Visual Aids for Learning
- Speaking of Speech
- Sclera NPO: Pictograms, Visualizations, & Education
Additional Information/Research Articles
Great in helping individuals understand feelings and actions associated with certain events.