This module will provide lessons on how to create low assistive technology solutions using materials available at hardware stores, electronic stores, and Dollar Trees!
Eye Gaze Frame
This lesson provides instruction on creating a PVC Eye Gaze Frame to assist in communication.
This lesson provides information how to create a “mouse house” which enables a computer user to hit a larger target in order to activate the left mouse click. Great to use with the Cause and Effect games listed in our Link Library.
Adapting Toys & Other Battery Operated Devices
- Low Tech Toolbox List
- How to Make an Easy Battery Interrupter (Youtube Video)
- How to Make a Simple Switch (Youtube Video)
- Spinner_Options Downloadable document
- Easy Battery Interrupter
- Cookie Sheet Tracer
- Adapting a RC Car
- Adapting an RC Car a Watts for Tots resource Created by Daniel Cavender with AIAA
- A beginners guide to adapting toys poster a Watts for Tots resource Created by Daniel Cavender with AIAA
This Word document can be used to create a low-tech flip book to use when communicating with an individual with disability who can say yes (by blinking, raising eyebrow, etc.).
Simple and free/low cost ways to make the computer mouse easier to use.
- External Switches for Mouse Buttons (Soldering required)
- Mouse Optic Blocker
- Microsoft Ease of Access/Accessibility
Wireless Call Bell